Open Roles at Veolia Water Technologies Ireland
Service & Commissioning Engineer
Service & Commissioning Engineer
The role is based at the Veolia Water Technologies Ireland Head Office at Dublin Road, Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
To Commission, Fault-Find, Service and Maintain all Equipment and Applications to specification that are within our Business Portfolio.
The Service & Commissioning Engineer reports to the Head of Industrial Field Service (or appointed delegate).
Key Responsibilities & Tasks of the Jobholder:
- Provide a complete level of service to our customers on site to include, commissioning, fault-finding, servicing, maintaining, repairing, calibrating and validating all Equipment and Applications within our Business Portfolio.
- Ensure that all equipment and products are left in a safe manner for customers to use.
- Deliver “Service Excellence" and ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Maintain all records and appropriate paperwork with regard to client installations and work carried out. Create Service Reports for customer signature and complete all Company required paperwork on time.
- Adhere to safety and health regulations and obligations, together with all Company Policies and Procedures with particular reference to ISO Quality Procedures, e.g. Work Instructions and Method Statements incorporating Risk Assessments.
- Adhere to site rules and participate in site inductions as and when required.
- Carry and maintain an up-to-date stock of spare parts and consumables in the Company vehicle and maintain this stock and equipment in good order.
- Participate in the On-Call Engineer Rota.
- Maximise revenue opportunities by identifying revenue opportunities on site and by informing the Company of new site developments.
- Proactively work with the Service Business Manager for the success of the Service Business Department, communicating customer feedback, sales and training opportunities to the Service Business Manager.
- Provide onsite briefings, tours, induction / training to customers and to colleagues.
- Comply with Departmental changes implemented to improve the operations of the Service Department.
- Provide telephone support as and when required.
- Review technical documentation and write technical reports accurately in English.
- Attend training courses when required and acquire a good working knowledge of the Company's Equipment and Applications.
- Represent the Company professionally on site and wear at all times the Company branded clothing and personal protective equipment supplied.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours in order to cope with urgent situations and an unexpected workload as well as a willingness to undertake the additional duties which may be required from time to time by the Company to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Service Department.
Requirement & Features/Core Competencies:
- Commitment to excellence every day.
- This is a business-critical role as it is the primary internal function covering the renewal, negotiation and financial monitoring of annual Service Contracts across our customer base.
- The jobholder undertakes to work efficiently and effectively, and to take full ownership and accountability for resolving all queries – and to seek direction and approval from management where required.
- The jobholder undertakes to maintain strong and professional relationships with customers and colleagues, and to deliver excellent service to both to the very best of your abilities at all times.
- The jobholder undertakes to interact with customers, internal colleagues, and company management in a polite and professional manner, upholding the company’s best-in-class reputation at all times.
- The jobholder proactively contributes to the company’s success, and acts as a responsible team-player to support your colleagues and the best interests of the company at all times.
- The jobholder is committed to the on-going success of the company, and undertakes to actively identify and deliver continuous improvement and growth within the company.
- The jobholder is punctual, motivated and an organised self-starter who demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to completing all tasks and activities to the highest standard possible, and within the required time-frame.
- The jobholder commits to continuous learning and the use of the latest IT equipment and software as required by the role.
- The jobholder demonstrates a positive approach to all tasks, and can work unsupervised or as a part of a team to complete the work duties required in the role.
- The jobholder undertakes to follow company directives, and adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- The Jobholder should have an electrical qualification.
The Job Description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.